What is a Gran Fondo?
In Italian, it means “a big ride”
Not a race, but a mass start, premium, road cycling event for enthusiasts and racers alike
A bit more adventurous and spirited than your normal T shirt ride and with much higher level amenities
Wear your best kit, ride your best equipment. It's going to be a big day.
A Gran Fondo finishes with a great meal and celebration with your fellow cyclists
While some riders will race, many will just take it all in...no penalties either way.
How long is the ride?
- Just under 80 miles for the full distance Gran Fondo, but each leg between delicious coffee and marvelous eats will be around 25 miles.
- the Medio Fondo is about half the distance of the Gran Fondo
Is the route set and will it be shared prior to the ride?
We play with it until about May 1st. Our goal is to create a highly unique course on less traveled roads south of Little Rock. A detailed course preview will be released by May 14th.
What is included in my entry fee?
Full ride support
Premium, full service rest stops with great food, coffee and hospitality offerings
High quality event schwag bag. LRGF items that a true cycling enthusiast will use and appreciate.
A ticket to the Finish Line Food Festival including access to the Arvest VIP Finisher's Lounge.
Prizes & Bragging rights- last year we gave away over $10,000 in prizes just for taking part. Finishing order is strictly between you, your ego and your buddies.
Complimentary access to digital photos and video taken throughout the day
What if I need a bike, either for myself or for a friend or family member?
- A limited number of premium Orbea road bikes will be available through the Capital Hotel's Bike Concierge program. Of course, you'll need to spring for a room to get access. But, well worth the price of admission.
- Need something more casual, perhaps for a friend or family member to explore the River Trail while you're out hammering the course? Look no further than Bobby's Bike Hike conveniently located downtown in the River Market. Great people and great bikes. See John and tell him we sent you.
Is there a Cancellation, Transfer and Refund Policy?
- Cancellations- Cancellations are accepted through May 10th. 100% of your registration will be refunded less $25 (covers the cost of initial registration fees and our time to process the refund). Please email us to initiate a cancellation request.
- Transfers- Transfers are welcome anytime up to 24 hours prior to race start. You are welcome to transfer your registration to anyone as long as they accept the terms covered in the registration. There is no fee to transfer a registration. Please email us to initiate a transfer request.
- Refunds- As you can imagine, most of our costs are incurred prior to the actual event (they call it sunk for a reason). Respectively, there will be no refunds even if the event is cancelled, let’s say due to severe weather. However, if we cancel or stop the race for safety reasons, we will offer all registrants an opportunity to transfer their registration to a future event.
Have more questions to add? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org